This website was made by Ryan Perry.
Fossil Camp 2018 will be run in cooperation with the LaBelle Heritage Museum.
To register your child into fossil camp, click here.
Camp Director Scott Perry (409)-502-9029 email: email@example.com
- Where: LaBelle Heritage Museum
- When: The first camp will be July 9th-July 13th, the second camp will be July 16th-20th, the third camp will be July 23rd-27th, and the fourth camp will be July 30th-August 3th.
- Time: The camp day will be 8:00am-3:00pm daily.
- Tuition: The Camp cost is $150.00 per youth, per week.
These camps are for boys and girls 8 years old through 14 years of age with an interest in fossil hunting. Campers will learn about the LaBelle area before the coming of humans, through fossil identification and field fossil hunting experiences.
Each day will be broken into two parts…
- Lab experience: Campers will learn about fossil identification and care of fossils through hands on activities. In the lab, campers will learn about the diversity of prehistoric life that lived in the LaBelle area.
- Field experience: Campers will learn how to find fossils and fossil sites in the LaBelle area. In field experiences, campers try to find the fossil evidence of prehistoric life in the region. We will travel to fossil sites by boat and dinghy launch along the Caloosahatchee River.
Bones and teeth of it:
- Healthy snacks and drinks will be provided, campers will need to bring a bag lunch daily.
- Some fossils sites will be visited via boat. If they have a life jacket they should bring it. However, life jackets will be provided and they must be worn at all times on the boat and hunting by the river.
- Campers will need footwear that can be worn in and out of the water during field experiences (aqua shoes or old tennis shoes for example). Shoes must always be worn (hats and sunscreen are also a good idea). Fossil camp will have sunscreen. Each camper will receive a fossil collecting bag and collection tools for the daily field experience; these will be needed daily.